Managing a PPC campaign manually can be a wandering mess if you don’t have some sort of structure and routine to keep you focused.
Here is a PPC checklist that will give you rough structure where you can run through periodically to check that your campaign is in good shape.
Regular PPC campaign checks
- Check the various dimensions in reporting section of the online tool, and identify best and worst performing segments. Modify bids accordingly – e.g. Friday sales are hot, so increase your budget or bid, Cost per conversion on Sunday between 1-4am is too high, so disable ads for this time.
- Ensure you have gathered enough data before making decisions – e.g. if one keyword has 0% conversion, but only received a couple of clicks, it’s too early to tell if it’s a dead duck.
- Review competitor activity – have they added anything new?
- Are there any price adjustments that need to be reflected in your adverts?
- Review keywords – are you receiving traffic for unexpected phrases?
- Review advert performance, kill off poor performing adverts, and create new adverts to test.
- Review landing page performance – arrange new landing page tests.
- Review display network placements – check adverts are not placed on sites that would damage the brand.