We’ve put together a few things to remember when setting up a PPC campaign.
It won’t guarantee a successful campaign, but having a PPC checklist might avoid the odd disaster – e.g. forgetting to set your geographic targeting, or to remove placeholder text.
Have a quick run through your account before you press the launch button!
Setting up & Launching a PPC campaign
- Check search volume using a keyword research tool
- Check competitor adverts by searching around the topic
- Check competitor keywords, spend & seasonality using research tools (see the tools section)
- Check synonyms and related words – keep a close eye on keyphrases with double meanings
- Add negative keywords to exclude words with a different user intent (e.g. you sell apples, people are looking for photos of apples.
- Spell check your adverts
- Create relevant advert extensions (click to call, sitelinks, local, app).
- Check all adverts link through to a good landing page
- Check your geographic target.
- Check your budget.
- Ensure conversion tracking is in place & contact forms work.
- Add re-marketing code and set up re-marketing lists