This is designed as a quick pre-launch check to help improve the search engine friendliness of ad-hoc posts and pages.
It should suit anyone who writes content that will end up on the web.
Publishing A New Page
- Check search volume using a keyword research tool
- Check competitor activity by searching around the topic
- Is your title appealing to human beings?
- Have you used words that people would search for to find this content?
- Is your title different enough to stand out from competitors?
- Are your target keywords achievable
- Have you used headings correctly (H1, H2, H3 tags)
- Have you used the target keyphrase in the title tag and on-page title?
- Have you used the target keyword phrase in the page copy?
- Have you used variations of the target keyword phrase in the page copy?
- Have you used variations of the target keyword phrase in relevant image alt tags?
- Check there’s no keyword stuffing on the page.
- Have you used bold/strong/emphasised/italic text for the target keyword? (if appropriate)
- Have you added a well written Meta Description that includes the keyphrase (or close match)?